Digi-X is the innovation arm of Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd. Our goal is to create new products and businesses beyond the telco realm that have the potential to impact people’s digital lives. These creations originate from within or outside our walls, where we partner, invest or acquire the right companies who have the right answers to meeting real needs.
As such we require a strong finance person to manage the day to day activities of the finance function including budgeting, forecasting, reporting, commercial, long term strategic plan and other ad-hoc activities.
- Strong commercially and have strategic acumen with good understanding of financial impact of key business decision.
- Resourceful in managing sources of information; enjoys the challenge of working in a fast paced environment
- Self-sufficient and explores new and better ways of getting things done
- Inspired by the challenges of the start-up environment
To drive the day to day activities of the finance function including budgeting, forecasting, reporting, commercial, long term strategic plan, assessment of strategic opportunities and other ad-hoc activities.
- Manage the day to day financial operations of Digi-X, acting as liaison with Group Finance or performing the following tasks:
- Manage and ensure all payments are made on a timely basis
- Perform month-end account closing activities
- Perform accounting entries to capture transactions
- Manage customer billing and credit control
- Manage inventory process for Digi-X
- Support head of finance in establishing relevant processes and controls for Digi-X
- Drive the budgeting, forecasting and reporting process for Digi-X
- Perform periodic budget analysis (actuals vs budget) and investigate variances
- Monitor company budgets and ensure that spending is within approved limits
- Submit monthly management reports to Group Finance for consolidation purposes
- Partnering internal stakeholders in the review of business or commercial opportunity through business modeling, in the context of market/commercially driven analysis to assess the viability of new products, campaigns, promotions or investment proposals
- Monitoring, analysis and follow up of performance of products, product pricing reviews, segment performance etc covering both financial and non-financial KPIs
- Advise internal stakeholders on any finance related queries
- Any other ad-hoc tasks
- Tertiary level qualification or holds a professional qualification from a recognized financial institution
- 3 to 7 years of relevant experiences
- Ability to manage the day to day financial operations of an organization.
- Experience in preparing business models and financial forecasts.